Monday, September 29, 2014

Random Thoughts

Well it has been a while since I have put up a post. I have been struggling to figure out what to post since the release of "From Empire to Revolution." It seems to have generated some interest out there which is nice. But you never quite know how well its going over.

I have actually had very little time lately to do any work on hobby stuff. But once again my mind has been wandering off course. I have been toying with trying out Dux Britaniarum for a Lord of the Rings game. There are already folks out there that have made the rule adjustments. I just needed miniatures. Well, a while ago, I won a contest and received a big bag of LOTR plastic orcs. While 28mm is not my scale, I kept these fellows. They have made it out of the cabinet over the weekend for a good look through. I have not taken the plunge yet to paint them but I may be getting closer.

My Romans have been temporarily paused. I just look at them and feel no motivation to paint them. What I am doing is finishing the basing on a number of miniatures that have been just sitting waiting to go so that is time well spent.

I am debating on two different projects for the short term. The first is an ACW campaign using Terrible Sharp Sword. And the second is a WWII Chain of Command campaign set in Normandy. I think I have everything that I need for both at the moment.

Santa Clause is going well. I just ordered the minis that I need to paint up and am waiting on them to show up. Hopefully I picked something that they would like.

My novel is getting some heavy editing. I have hopes of releasing it this year on Amazon. My reviewers are doing a splendid job of fixing my copious errors.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to encourage you down the Dux Brit/LotR path. The couple test games of DB I've tried, I did so using my LotR models because I have so many of them. But I didn't attempt to tailor DB rules but would play test with you if you take that on.

    Best,

    Wade

    ReplyDelete