Friday, September 5, 2014

Seeing some progress

I am working on my next strip of 8 Roman Auxiliaries. So far it is going well except for how the armor is coming along. I did not like it at all and ended up repainting it black to start all over on it. Not sure if that was a mistake or not yet.

I was reading a post by someone on a forum about not priming with spray paint but using a brush on primer. I am tempted to go this route as I keep finding spots I missed with spray paint.

I am looking forward to getting to the sword armed auxiliaries next.

2 comments:

  1. I prime with brush and Humbrol or Molak enamel paint (black) lightly dilluted with white spirit. I think that this method is better for small figurines. Now I am experimenting with dark brown paint. Is better for figurines without armour or with many flesh areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into this.

      Delete